Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

This might be the best mother's day ever. Stay with me. I'm sitting in a hotel room on Base without my kids, my husband, my mother, all by myself. Sometimes on mother's day, I really wish for just peace and quiet. A nap. Some alone time. Today, this mother's day, I am getting just that. And what I miss most? My kids, my husband, my mom, my dad (who are at my house taking care of my family). So while I wonder why my plans didn't work out, to be home today, maybe I'm learning something...on those mother's days that I long for some peace and quiet, a nap, some alone time, while those aren't bad things, I should treasure the hub bub a little more ;-) - and learning that just might make this the best mother's day ever.

I hope my mom, my mother in law and all of the other moms who read my blog have a very happy mother's day -- no matter what you are doing today!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree! Sometimes what we wish for is not quite what we expect it to be.
Sheri, you are so fortunate to have a Mom & Dad with the time & energy to be able to help out when needed. Your Dad even has a substitute golfing partner, whom he can give valuable advice to.
Talk to you soon.
Love, Mom H.

Anonymous said...

Thank you -- I hope your Mother's DAy was wonderful and I'm looking forward to seeing you down at my house soon ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I've not remembered to check the blogs for a while. So, a bit late reading about your Mother's Day.
Mine was good/busy as I remember. Ken took us to dinner in the evening and that was an enjoyable time. We did miss you being there, but good you had some quiet time.

Love,
Mom

JennGher said...

All you wanted was five minutes peace. Lol! I read that book to the boys all the time and just crack up about how true it is.

Sheri said...

Jen I LOVE THAT BOOK!!!!