Thursday, February 21, 2008

Happy Bday Lauren!!! And...Worst Buy Revisited

I know I have been a slacker with the blog, it's so unlike me, but things have been crazy lately. Enough of that right now -- I want to wish our neice Lauren a big happy 13th bday. I can't believe you are a teenager, about as much as I can't believe Kelsie is. Have a great day!

I hope to get back blogging soon. However, we are without a computer, yes, again. The new computer crashed and has been shipped back to the manufacturer. Friday night, we hauled the "worst buy" computer BACK to a store in Kansas City (we were there for a volleyball tourney -- more to come on that later). Anyway, they said that the computer NOW qualifies for their "no lemon" policy, so they supposedly shipped it off back to Louisville (yes, the abyss) for them to FORMALLY declare it a lemon. I am waiting to her from the KC store mgr today about the next step. They are supposed to document their reliable computer system so that we can go to our lovely local store and get a replacement computer. We shall see -- the man talked a good game, so we'll see. Thanks to those of you who forwarded me the $54M lawsuit against best buy story. If I can find the link again, I will link it here. It was my story all over again, with the exception of what the company lost -- they lost our hard drive, they lost this woman's entire laptop! I knew $3K was too small an amount to sue for!!!!! I could have been REALLY famous.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is so good to see you bloggng again. I missed reading your blogs. I'm so sorry to hear about your computers. Have a great week with your parents. Call me when you get a chance.
Vicky

alison :) said...

When are you going to post the answers to your polls? I'm dying to find out.

Anonymous said...

It is so good to have you back blogging. I hope Best Buy finally comes through with a new computer. I agree w/you, it's hard to believe Kelsie and Lauren are now teenagers. I hope your parents are not coming back to wicked winter weather after enjoying the south's balmy temperatures.
Love to all, Mom H.

Sheri said...

As soon as I get one of our computers back I will post the answers to the polls...hopefully on Monday. WORST BUY has struck again -- they are not giving us a new computer -- oh there is such a story to tell -- I will tell it as soon as I get a computer (I am using my parents' tonight, but they are leaving tomorrow)...And speaking of my parents...yes, they came back to HORRIBLE weather. They had their best FL weather ever, though, this trip, so that's great. We have had ice and sleet for the past 2 days -- the kids have been off school for 2 days!!!! Soon I shall be back blogging regularly I hope. God is good.

Anonymous said...

God is Good. Kelly

Anonymous said...

We're all so happy to see you blogging again!!!!!!

Talk to you soon,
Trish

P.S. Kelly copies whatever the last person writes.

Anonymous said...

oh! Stop it with the P.S stuff. kelly