Friday, June 6, 2008

My Desk...

The kids came to work with me yesterday (I will post those pix later, I didn't take too many). I had the camera and thought I would take a few pix of my desk (since after tomorrow when I go and start cleaning it up, it's going to look a lot different, at least Connie hopes it does). I got interrupted, but I did manage to get these 2 pictures -- I am especially proud of the 2nd one, can you guess where I am? I am proud of it because it was a great opportunity for me, and I was skinnier then, so I like that - ha!, but also because I am with one of my favorite people, my job-share partner, Connie. We've worked successfully together for 13 years -- hard to believe. I could have never asked for a better partner and we became good friends -- I can always count on her. I am thankful that I will still be working with her, even if it is 500 miles away. If you didn't know, we were born 1 day apart. Yeah, I'm older, but...I'm the nice one, despite what anyone else says. :)


Ok, if you couldn't guess, we are in front of Air Force 1 !!!! A few years back, we were fortunate enough to be invited to Lambert when the President was in town. It was a great experience. Did you know that the airplane has different colors of carpet and depending who you are, you are not allowed to cross certain colors? We got to see his personal bedroom/bathroom (the bathroom is MUCH SMALLER than I expected), the office (remember it from Air Force 1, the movie?) and President Bush' Air Force jacket was even on the back of his chair. It was cool. Anyway, I love these pictures and wanted to share them. (The first picture was taken, I think by Connie's uncle (she's related to A LOT of people, so could have been her first, second or third cousin, I forget :) -- President Bush came to his business for something or other and he got this picture of him).

3 comments:

Angela said...

That's really cool and good lead in. I actually took a picture of my desk and my window view yesterday at work as it was my last day in my current job. I'll see if they are worth posting. I start a new job on Monday that should be a bit closer to home. I know you must be having a hard time leaving your coworkers (not to mention everyone else), but at least you can maintain contact with them since you are TELEWORKING! God is good!

Anonymous said...

Yes He is!!! I went in today to start cleaning my stuff up and took a few more pictures -- I'll have to post them later. I would love to see your desk :) It's funny, but it says something about a person that most people don't get to see, that's what I think at least. So this is a totally new job for you? And closer to home? I need to go back and re-read your last e-mail where you told me about it. I am sure it will be an exciting day on Monday, I hope you LOVE it!!! I hope you have a window view there too -- I have to start working from home in order to get a window view :)

Anonymous said...

You know what a great fan of our 43rd President I am, so seeing these pictures was great. God is definitely good enabling you to stay w/a job & a co-worker you enjoy so much.
Love, Mom H.