Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Bizarre!

Well, did you know that I guess Atlanta owns about 6 snow plows? I think Cumming owns ZERO. Also, I don't think they have access to salt either. I am mind boggled that 6 inches of snow and a little bit of sleet below and on top has brought the city to a stand still. Get this: I went out for some chili from Wendy's today -- it was closed! So were: McDonald's, Chik fil A, Burger King, Arby's, Steak n Shake, Chili's, Subway and everything else except Huddle House (I don't even know what that is), Starbucks and Walmart. I ended up at Walmart, but they didn't even have chicken made up. I left with some bologna, bread, chips, salsa, bagel bites and milk...the staples. I couldn't carry much because I was afraid of slipping and falling on the ICED PARKING LOT. There was no way to roll a cart out to the car. So, tomorrow is day 3 of the schools being closed -- will this ever end? Temps are not supposed to get above freezing until possibly Friday -- that's the only way that this stuff will go away -- without snow plows or salt, we just have to wait for the sun to burn it off. It's interesting. I grew up in the north, we would never stand for such craziness! ;-)

4 comments:

Shayna said...

lol you are killing me! Huddle House is totally like Village Inn. Its good they have them were Derek lives and we eat there on Sundays! Its good stuff youd like it. and your right our schools would ever close and I am pretty sure they havn't yet lol. But the kids are loving it :)

Me said...

Finally, someone commenting on my blog -- for that I thank you! Huddle House? Like Village Inn, are you sure??????????????????? If so, I better get there -- but looking at it, it makes me think more of waffle house.

Shayna said...

idk I have never been to Waffle House but it reminds me of Village Inn so who knows but you should try it
And your Welcome

me again said...

Maybe when you come here in March we can all go for our innaugural visit!