Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Bucking Horse, Two 3rd Place Ribbons, & the Tar Heels Open Their Season

That's probably the longest title I have ever had. It's been a LONG day, so I think that's appropriate. Pictures coming, hopefully; I am too tired tonight. Kelsie earned her 1st ribbons as an equestrian. Her 1st horse nearly bucked her off, but she maintained composure and stayed on...although you could tell for a split second she was deciding whether or not to fall off...it happened so fast, no time for Kenny or me to get too scared for her! Her 2nd ride was really good; even though I still don't know much about the whole thing, I could tell that she has made progress. Oh, and it was Western riding today -- a totally different look from the English way -- cowboy hats, spurs, chaps, glittery shirts. Their outfits were...interesting. Thank goodness Kelsie's coach has a collection of stuff for the girls to wear, I would hate to think of how much all of that would cost?@?!#?@

Cameron's basketball season started tonight. It's the first year we haven't been involved with Upward basketball, seems a little strange. He is playing at 1st Redeemer church and their league has a similar philosophy to Upward, which is nice. They had opening ceremonies tonight, pictures and 2 "mini-games" to kick the season off. Looks like he will have a good team and he did very well tonight.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Kelsie & Cameron!!! Judging equestrian events, I'm sure is new to you, you need Dad, although he would probably judge the horse's ability instead of Kelsie's.
Love, Mom H.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kelsie!!

Good luck for the basketball season, Cameron...

~Alison

Anonymous said...

LOL on the judging!

Unknown said...

Kelsie and Cameron, Papa and I would love to have been there for your events. Well, Kelsie, I'm not sure about yours - almost falling off of the horse. I hope they teach you how to fall so that you don't get hurt!!
Grandma C.

Anonymous said...

SHERI,
I enjoyed the updates and the Christmas music. We're getting cold weather and sleet, but were wearing shorts over the weekend! Work was delayed until 9 today, so I took time to catch up on your blog.
Angela

Anonymous said...

Hi Angela, glad you stopped by! The weather is crazy everywhere I think. It's 62 here right now and they say 72 tomorrow. Then Friday I will be heading into Midwest reality, snow and cold I believe. Shorts over the weekend! How great! Just addressed your Christmas card yesterday -- hopefully I will get them in the mail soon :-) PS: I've been meaning to ask you about your job -- hope it's going well.