Friday, December 5, 2008

Cam's 1st Piano Recital--UPDATED W/PIX

Pictures to come! Cameron had his 1st piano recital tonight. He played "We Wish You a Merry Christmas" and "Jingle Bells" and did a great job. We miss his 1st teacher (hi Linda if you are out there!); he seems to be adjusting pretty well to his new teacher. It just dawned on me and I have to tell him this tomorrow, he made it thru both songs without getting itchy! It's crazy, but he gets itchy when he plays. Don't tell him, but I think it's an unconscious ploy! :-)

SIDE NOTE: Last week I woke up a couple of mornings to temperatures around 25 degrees. I said to myself and a few others that I had been brought to Georgia under false pretenses. I thought that in the dead of winter here, it might get down to 35 degrees and here at the end of November, it's 25! What's up with that? HOWEVER, I must report a positive trend. Yes, it is cool in the mornings (not normally 25), but they are referring to the daytime highs around 50 as "abnormally cold" -- I talked to my mom yesterday and she said it was 8 degrees, -5 degrees wind chill -- so, a definite plus in the weather department here. Come warm up down here in Georgia with us!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures. Way to go Cam.

Unknown said...

Cam, we'd love to have been at your recital. Did your Mom do a duet w/you? You played so well when you were here.
Yes, Sheri when you think it's cold there, just remember how cold it is here.
G'ma C/Mom

Anonymous said...

No, I didn't play the duet, this time. I was too nervous being with a new teacher and all -- she asked, I said maybe next time. There was a mom who played with her child, so that was good.

Burrrrrr....

Anonymous said...

looking forward to the pics....aunt tricia

Anonymous said...

congratulations, cameron

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cam!!!
You are becoming the Family Von Hand.
I guess we shouldn't be complaining about the weather in the East, especially when you compare it to those states, who are getting snow & low temps. Global Warming - Hmmm!
Lv, Grandma H.

Anonymous said...

Thanks.

Cameron