Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Jewel the Cat Totally Freaks Out!

My mom will not believe this, but crazy enough, it's true. Jewel's neighborhood nemesis who roams free hasn't visited for about a week, that we know of (last visit caused quite a stir in the middle of the night -- both of them squalling like babies). Anyway, last night Kelsie was babysitting a friend's 2nd grade daughter at our house. Kelsie and Martha walked to the park up the street and they ran across the nemesis cat on their walk. Stopped to pet it. Went to the park and then came home. Upon their arrival back at home, Kelsie and Martha were sitting on the couch when Jewel started sniffing Martha. Then IT happened: Jewel totally FREAKED OUT! She went berserk! Kelsie and Kenny sprang into action, protecting Martha, basically scooping Jewel off of her. But, Jewel came back, hissing at Kelsie too! Then got her off of the couch again, Kelsie took Martha upstairs and Kenny put Jewel downstairs.

I told the story to my animal-expert friend at Bible Study today and she said that the nemesis cat might have sprayed around our house and Jewel has smelled it and then smelled that smell on the girls. I don't know, but I think the nemesis cat needs to find another hangout!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not Jewel the cat!

Unknown said...

And your Mother said - oh, my. I thought when I first started reading your blog that the nemesis cat had attacked the girls. But Jewel - I can't believe it. Hope she is ok now. She'd better be careful or she might lose her happy home.

Sheri said...

She's fine, but it took her awhile to calm down. Crazy!

Unknown said...

Did Ken get scratches getting her downstairs?

Pam Hutchinson said...

Wow...this is so cool. I will be a new fan on your blog now that I know it's here! What a great venue for all your family info. How much work to set up and maintain?
You are so funny to me, I love your sense of humor! pam

Anonymous said...

My baby Jewel would never do anything wrong... she is too sweet and wonderful... this can't be a true story about my baby!

Sheri said...

I know that last Anonymous! You are not anonymous to me!!!! i knew you would not believe the story, just like my mom didn't. Tell your sister, though, that I am still separating her kitchen from her bathroom!

Pam, believe me, it's VERY easy, or I wouldn't be doing it!!!!

The Hero Kelsie Hand said...

You make it sound like what i did was so un heroic and dad didnt do anythingg !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT WAS ALL ME HE JUST SAT ON THE CHAIR WATCHING ++++++ YOU SAID THE STORY ALL WRONG :) she hissed at her then i patted the couch to make her follow me then she hissed at me and jumped on martha then i picked jewel up and threw her and i grabbed martha cause jewel got up and was doing it again and i picked martha up and ran upstairs ! THEN dad got jewel and put her downstairs :))))) !

Mom said...

Hey! Start your own blog and you can tell the story how you want to!