Monday, June 29, 2009

It Started Out as a Good Idea

I honestly cannot believe my husband has not posted about this event yet. We went to Helen GA last fall when the Hand's were in town. We had a nice fall afternoon there. Recently I heard from friends that they have tubing on the river there. I went to their webpage and when you see the pix below you will see that it looks harmless. Children as young as 3 tube "the hooch" without incident. However the hooch had never met me before. Check these pix out from the webpage:






Please, look close. In ANY of these pictures do you see one DANGEROUS boulder sticking out ready to bang me in the head? In ANY of these pictures, do you see any sliding rock falls that would tip me over and drown my head under the frigid waters? Do you see...well, you get the idea. I say false advertising and my husband says, "stay home next time or don't hook on to my tube".
This was our group when I was happy, BEFORE getting into the dreaded waters!


And then we had to say goodbye on Friday morning. I begged them to stay, but....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a great time! Thanks again for letting us crash at your house for the week. You took great care of us. Now I have to cook for myself. The floating pictures are great, but, yeah, they are missing the panic stricken faces made by some...
Vicky

Sheri said...

I was the only one I saw with that face on, I know, it's crazy!!! When are you coming back? oh yeah, October!!! Cannot wait!

Shayna said...

I love how you hide behind Kelsie! lol ....we should go there next time I come that looks awesome!

Sheri said...

lol -- that time I wasn't even hiding, but you know normally i do! Until I get skinny again of course. You guys would LOVE it!!! I will take you there if you want to go; I may shop in the little town though and come back and take pix when you get to the end!