Saturday, July 25, 2009

Happy Pinning Day, Anne!!!

A special shout-out today to my friend Anne in STL. Today she has her pinning on ceremony at Florissant Valley Community College - she completed the Deaf Communications Studies, Interpreter Education program. Anne and I started learning to sign Sunday nights at church quite a few years ago now. (Thanks to our interpreter friends for getting us started and working with us all of those Sunday nights.) I am so proud of her; she decided to go to Flo Valley for their formal program and although she works full time and has a family, she was determined to do this and here she is today. I had the opportunity in June when I was in STL to go to the Flo Valley drama department production that Anne and a classmate were interpreting -- impressive.

So, congratulations Anne!!! You did it!!!! May God continue to use you in this field. Wish I was there to see you get pinned today!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so great!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Anne.

Anonymous said...

Another congratulations to Anne.
Sheri's Mom

Anonymous said...

Anne,
I just raised my hands in the air and shook them!! I think that is cheering in ASL.