Sunday, August 2, 2009

Home

I was thinking as I was flying Wed night that I have 3 "homes" now. Home is in Cumming GA now, home is in STL where I spent 20 years and home is where I grew up in northern IL. So, the kids and I headed to my first home last Wednesday night. We've had a great time so far -- they are running me ragged here - my mom says it's me running them ragged, but you know who's telling the truth. Here are a few (ok, a lot) pictures of what we have been up to.

The kids and I went golfing with my dad on Thursday morning -- after all was said and done, we had a fun time.






STAND BY FOR THE MOST AWESOME-EST FOOD EVER. To all of those people who say I am a picky eater, take this -- SALMON CAKES, made by my mom of course. You cannot eat just one.


We saw my sister, Shayna and Brant play softball...



Oh crud! I thought that was my sister batting when I added the picture, but now see it's Shayna. Bummer (no offense Shayna, but I wanted one of you and one of your mom here).



Of course when I come home I must visit favorite pizza place Happy Joe's. The whole crew (almost) went and we took over the place. Did you know that my dad and his groupies used to come here EVERY DAY for lunch back before he retired. Well, shockingly enough, one of his groupies (Keith) happened in last Friday when we were there. He tried to turn around and leave when he saw the mess of people in there, but it was too late, we already had spotted him.


We went to the Niabi Zoo. I haven't been there since I was a kid and they have transformed the place, it's awesome.










On Saturday we went to Michael's fun world -- at first I thought it was going to be "rinky-dink" but we had a really good time. Trampoline basketball was great!






The jousting people got a little out of control.

Brant at the batting cages. He started out with slow pitch, but we forced him to step into the big time -- 40 MPH and he was pretty impressive -- lol -- wait til he reads this, I'm sure he'll straighten the story out.




We went on a picnic on Saturday night; Dora's daughter is here from Brazil, so we got to meet here, then Sunday afternoon we went to Alan and Dora's for a swim. The water was like ice b/c it hasn't been all that warm here in the evening, so there were some antics getting people into the water.






Last but not least - we have been PATIENTLY waiting for Jen to have her baby -- it's really getting out of control. She was due last Monday. If this baby doesn't show before we leave on Tuesday night, there is going to be some real trouble!!!! Come on baby Makenna or Cadence!!!!

5 comments:

brant said...

okay first of all I was the first one in the batting cages and never hit one slow pitch ball. I hit the fastpitch softball at 55 and then went on to the big boy stuff with 70 mph baseball. Still need some work with that but I will have it down this winter

Anonymous said...

I knew he would have a different story!

Anonymous said...

I knew he would have a different story!

Sad once again said...

I am truly hurt now because you didn't want my picture on here only once. Now what comment hurts worse?

Anonymous said...

lol