Wednesday, August 19, 2009

NEW YORK CITY! Please, We Need Your Help!

So, how is everyone? We have actually had a pretty quiet week, and I am not complaining. Until baseball starts again in a couple of weeks, horse starts back up and AWANA gets into full swing, it's pretty quiet. Yay! So, I have no new pix to post, no new REAL news to share. But, I have a friend traveling to NYC this weekend and she wants me to post. So, I am posting...anyone out there want to share their ideas for her trip? What does she HAVE to see while in NYC for a long weekend?

All is well with the kids and school. Well, as far as I know! Socially, everything is going smoothly. Until I see the first report card I probably won't know how things are going academically, if you know what I mean! :-)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell her to walk around in Chinatown.

Sheri said...

That's funny, because I have a story about Chinatown. First, I say yes, she should definitely do that, just don't get stuck there after dark, with a bunch of kids and the bus you were on doesn't pick you up where and when it's supposed to -- then your husband can run a few blocks chasing it down, so you can return safely to your place for the night! But it's a great, interesting place, you have to do it!!!

Anonymous said...

She should go to the statue of liberty and see as much of the city as she can.

Sheri said...

I didn't leave my own recommendations:

1. Take the bus tour and walk around in the different neighborhoods: Soho, Greenwich Village, Chinatown, etc

2. See Ground Zero

3. I would love you to see my brother in law working at the Hilton in Midtown (my Kenny says around 54th and 6th ave - ave of the america's, but don't tell him I sent you there)

4. Take a horse ride around Central Park

5. P&K's in the Bronx (W. 231st Street), mention Kenny Hand's name and they'll give you a free burger -- probably not, but stil mention his name)

More later...I hope other NY'ers post suggestions -- surely my neices and nephews out there can chime in....

an experienced NYCer said...

somethings you should do...

1. go to starbucks.
2. go to dunkin donuts.
3. catch a pigeon to bring home as a souvenir.
5. get a dirty water hot dog (you'll work up an appetite trying to catch the pigeon)

somethings you should not do...

1. get mugged (not fun)

and that is my advice.

Anonymous said...

that's right! the dirty water hot dog is almost the most important thing. and a pretzel and drink a coke with a straw out of the can. you can get all of that stuff from the carts on the street corner. please you have to get the dirty water dog they are the best.

Anonymous said...

Visit the firehouse near ground zero.
Visit the Empire State Bldg.
Hit the theater district.
Central Park zoo.
Yankee Stadium & if you are a NLer, Citi Field.
Circle Line boat tour.
Take a ride for a stop or two on the subway.
It's always interesting to sit & people watch.
Most of all, have fun!!!

Anonymous said...

They should go to a Met or Yankee game.