Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Mashed Potato(e)s!!!

First of all, I can never remember how to spell that word - didn't Dan Quayle get crucified b/c he didn't know how to spell it? In his honor, I refuse to use spell check.

Anyway, on to the the huge news of today. I know it will shock some of you and embarass my mother (mom, it really isn't your fault - I'm lazy), but I am telling you right now, I, me, mwa, made mashed potato(e)s for the first time ever tonight -- the first time ever on my own from start to finish. Yes, I have run the mixer for my mom before, etc, but I never thought I could make them like my mom, so why in the world bother? But, Kelsie has been asking me to make these hamburgers with gravy that Vicky makes so when I was talking to Vicky yesterday, I finally remembered to ask her about these hamburger things. So she told me how to make that and said she makes mashed potato(e)s with them. There was my dillema. Do I make the special burgers and pull out a bag of pretzels or chips to go with them? That didn't seem right. So, I broke down and did it. And, if I do say so myself...YUM! And, since Kelsie said my blog is getting boring with no pictures, I pulled out the camera and took a picture of the food -- believe me, these pix do not do them justice (lol)!!!


9 comments:

trish said...

Looksss...delicious??

Funny, I often think of Dan Quayle at work when I write the specials and have to write "served with roasted potatoes and broccoli" ;)

potato (singular)and potatoes(plural).

Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you! They look wonderful. Guess what we had for dinner tonight. McDonalds, yuck!
Vicky

Sheri said...

Is that the answer? Singular and plural? Finally, someone who knows!!!

McDonalds???? What happened? I thought this was chicken and rice night :-) Thanks for inspiring me. The potatoes were awesome, I actually poured the exact amount of milk in the first time!!!

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I just sent you an e-mail prior to reading your blog. Kelsie told me about the hamburgers/gravy. She probably mentioned mashed potatoes (?) also. I was more interested in how you made the other. She said she loved it. I suppose Cam wouldn't try it being the vegetarian (almost) that he is. Good for you to get the right amount of milk. Sometimes mine are too dry, sometimes too runny.
Mom

Sheri said...

I NEVER remember yours being too dry or too runny, never! Will dad eat the meat? Actually Cameron wasn't home tonight, he was at the middle school football game. I'm not telling you the recipe, I'm going to make it for you when you get here -- maybe I'll even make the potatoes!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good to me. Dad would eat the hamburgers and potatoes, not the gravey or is that gravy?
Mom

Sheri said...

Yes, it's a special secret sauce gravy type stuff, sounds difficult to make doesn't it? I hate gravy, but I have to tell you, this stuff is delicious!

Rich said...

The question for me is paper plates or china?

Looks delicious but what did your husband think?

The Bronx spelling is patata:)

Sheri said...

Never china, sometimes tupperware, otherwise styrofoam! I like the bronx spelling and my husband loved it!