Monday, February 22, 2010

Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Jamaica

Here are some pix from the trip.


It was crazy for all of us getting to Miami, with the weather for my plane and mechanical problems for my sister's plane. They got to Miami at 1:30AM and I got there at 3:30AM; when we got to the hotel, they had one room left with 1 king bed...there were 4 of us who wanted to sleep...it wasn't pretty. One of the women trying to get to Miami from St. Louis didn't make it -- she had to fly into Cozumel on Monday.

Carnival Liberty...


Cozumel...




My sister snorkeling...

One of the pool areas...

One little snafu: the seas were too rough to tender near Georgetown Grand Cayman, so they took us to the other side of the island. It was a bit crazy getting off onto the tender boat, but it ended fine...we just missed out on some shopping in Georgetown...

My sister at stingray city, Grand Cayman -- see the stingray on her back?



Jamaica...Dunns River Falls. Kenny and I went here before we had the kids...I conquered it then, it was slippery, cold and dangerous then...

My sister, Cindy, Sharon...



Me....(I didn't feel a need to conquer it again, since it is still slippery, cold and dangerous...) so I was the official photographer...

Dolphin Cove, Jamaica...


Back on the ship....

On Friday, our last day, they announced that we had a medical emergency on board, so they cleared the front of the ship, waiting for the coast guard helicopter to come. It hovered above the ship and they lifted the person up and flew him/her to the Bahamas. All they told us was that it was life and death.



Breakfast the morning we left. We were about 2 hours late getting into Miami due to the medical emergency.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri, it looks like you girls had a great time! Why didn't you invite me?

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sheri, who are all the guys my mother was with last week? Don't tell me, "what happens in cozumel stays in Cozumel"

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I heard you saw the muppets . Mom told me you saw Fozzy Bear or was it fuzzy bear?

Anonymous said...

Sheri, it looks like you had a wonderful time. Your pictures warmed me up just looking at them. I am so tired of the winter here!

Vicky