Monday, February 1, 2010

The Dinky Little Serve, Part II

Ok, well, yesterday guess what? I won my first ever mixed doubles tennis match and the score was 6-3, 7-5!!! It was very exciting. Now I have to tell you that I had a different partner this time. Kenny, my normal partner, was moved up to "line 3", I remained at "line 5". Now, if you are like me, you have no idea what that means. Our team plays 5 matches each week, they are called lines 1-5, 1 having the best players, 5 having the less experienced (not worst) players. I brought Kenny down to line 5, but they had had enough of that and split us up and moved him to line 3, where he rightfully belongs. Anyway, the woman part of the team we played yesterday, had a less dinky serve than that other woman I wrote about, but it was still a little dinky. And... I started off doing the same thing yesterday, returning it once into the net and once hitting it out. So, I tried to remember what the line 3 player told me...just treat it like a volley and punch it back. It worked out pretty well. And, guess what? We won!!! Honestly the other team was a lot worse than the 2 other teams Kenny and I have played, so if we didn't win yesterday, that would have really been bad. But, it's still a win and I can now say I have tasted the thrill of victory ;-) Line 3 did not win yesterday, but they played well and it was a close match: 5-7, 5-7.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You're on your way to climbing the ladder to Class 1.
Mom H.

Sheri said...

Oh my! I wish. But somehow I don't think the number one is afraid of losing her spot to me! lol!! Thanks for the vote of confidence though ;-)