Saturday, April 24, 2010

National Equestrian Champion!

Kelsie is the Junior Varsity Horsemanship National Champion! She won today and it was so exciting! I was really happy for her. As I stood there waiting for them to call her number for a ribbon, I knew I was proud of her whether she placed or not. So, I was standing there, still not knowing a lot about this horse riding, thinking to myself, she looked great. The top 8 riders earned ribbons. They start with 8th place, 7th, 6th...I'm starting to get a little nervous, would they call her name or not??? The people around me thought she had a good ride, she might win! Yikes, I started getting more nervous, I guess for her b/c I knew she would be disappointed if she didn't place. 2nd place (they call that person the reserve champion)...still no "kelsie hand"...and then it happened....from Forsyth Central High School....I think they said...CHELSIE Hand...but I didn't care, Chelsie, Kelsie, it was still my girl and she was the Champion!!!!



Kelsie and her friend Anna at the beginning of the day.



I love this picture.


We had terrible weather -- storms moved thru the area -- they had to put the horses back in the barn because they are afraid of thunder. This is after the storm passed, the riders brought the horses back.





WINNER!!!

The riders are from all over the country, by the way!


This is Marcy...

Calling Dad and Cam!


Yes, I was emotional!!!!

Below, they have a parade of teams....




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kelsie. What an honor. Papa and I are so happy for you and I know your Dad/Mom are just a little bit proud. Love the pictures.
Grandma C.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Dookie Doo!!!! Your Favorite Daddy

Anonymous said...

Kels, Papa put your picture (taken yesterday)on our S.S. classroom bulletin board today and, of course, told about your win yesterday.
G'ma C.

aunt tricia said...

Wow!!!!!!!How exciting. Congratulations Kelsie!!!!