Thursday, December 27, 2007

And then...it was Christmas!

But first, it was "Family Day". Saturday before Christmas, we spent the day together, just the 4 of us, as has been our tradition since Kelsie was a baby. Normally it's a movie (this year, 'Fred Claus'), dinner out (this year, Chick-fil-A, nothing fancy this year, but one of my favorites), a visit to Santa Claus (Cameron notified us that that would be embarrassing this year), so we just waved to him.

The kids and I arrived in Illinois Sunday afternoon. Just in time for Cam to make his public piano playing debut at my parent's church Sunday night. A solo of "Jolly Old St. Nicholas" and...


...a duet with me, "We Three Kings". Wow, he did a great job! I was very proud of him.



Christmas Eve morning, my sister made gingerbread houses with the kids -- very creative people...



Traditional Christmas Eve noon/afternoon activity includes a trip to Chuck E. Cheese -- we have a lot of fun -- it's normally pretty quiet there, which is unusual, so we have an especially good time. I normally beat the group at basketball :) yes, it's true and this year, I took a picture of my score...the high score for the entire game. Brant will try and tell you that later he beat my score, however, he did it on an easier version of the game :)

After Church on Christmas Eve, we head to Village Inn for dinner -- here's my sister, Shayna and Maddie.


Christmas morning. I was going to flip this picture, but I think I look skinnier from this angle :)



Santa brought Kelsie a cell phone...we are going to have to arrange for unlimited text messaging I guess. The gift that keeps on giving, or taking :(


Santa brought Cam a cool bike -- not the best place to get a new bike, since, as you will see later, there was snow on the ground....but, I think he managed to ride it in my parent's garage.



My dad reading from Luke chapter 2...

Cam & Devin...ho ho ho...


Kels & Jessi -- ho ho ho...


A present for my sister...Vicky, click on this picture and you will be able to see this better, what I was trying to explain to you about this gift :)


Cam got a sled and Cody a snowboard, so they had to head out and give them a try. There wasn't too much snow on the ground, but they managed...



Guitar hero...



No explanation needed...


A Christmas afternoon tradition -- the bingo Queen is in place....

My LOSER cards!!!! We play for things like laundry detergent, fabric softener, dishwashing liquid, quarters, oh the list goes on -- it's a lot of fun...

That's it for now! We had a great visit here with my family. We missed all of our other family that we couldn't be with. Ken is looking forward to his trip to New York next week. Happy New Year to all!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a lot of fun at Christmas--- we had an equally exceptional one check out Mom's blog for some pics.

Sheri said...

Hi Lauren! Your mom's blog actually inspired me to get these pictures on my blog! I love her blog and all of the Christmas pictures -- I love seeing pictures of all of you guys! I am glad you had a great Christmas!

Anonymous said...

Did you make that gift for Christy?? Because if you did could you make me one-whatever it is?

And by the way, you look like a teenager in that sideways picture...maybe I should post pictures of myself that way.

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I love the picture! Very cute! And way to go on the cell phone. I will NEVER hear the end of that, now that Alyssa and Kelsie have one. But it is not going to happen. Looks like you had a great Christmas. Can't wait to see you Sunday.
Vicky

Sheri said...

LOL trish! From now on, I post pictures of me only sideways!!! I do have one other picture I like of myself. I was also thinking about just posting that picture everytime I want to post a picture of myself!

No, I didn't make that for my sister. I bought the "board" from a Creative Memories woman. My big plan was to make the "background"; copy off of what she had made, a "countdown" to Christmas, but, of course I ran out of time, so I just bought it from the girl, already made. Now, I did add the 3 or so pictures that are on it. That's all magnets too, so you can change it all out; save the Christmas stuff and put something else on there. I got one for Christmas too, but it's blank so I have to come up with SOMETHING to put on there, we'll see how long that takes!

Anonymous said...

It looks like much fun was had by all. What wonderful Christmas traditions you and your extended family enjoy. I would think you need a few days to rest afterwards. This is such a great way [blogging] to keep in touch. Love, Mom H.

Unknown said...

I must tell you that Cam did a great job w/his piano debut at church. Sheri did ok too!!!
And, Kelsie, congratulations - being chosen for the Junior National Honor Society. We're pround of you both.
Grandma Collins