Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Announcements...

No, Kels & Cam, we are NOT having another baby. Oh, before I forget, hope you all had a great Christmas -- I have some good pictures to post, but that will have to wait for another day. Back to the announcements.

Kelsie was elected to the National Junior Honor Society just before Christmas break. We are very proud of her. She had to complete a pretty detailed application, which included descriptions of her roles in leadership, community service, school activities, church activities, sports, jobs and more. It was amazing once she started writing how many things she has already worked and helped with. Her grades contributed to her selection too. I keep forgetting to tell my parents and Kenny's parents, so telling you all now :)

My sister-in-law Patricia has started her family blog (yay). I hope she does a better job keeping it updated than my sister :) I have given up on hers :) I am still holding out hope that my sister-in-law Jenny gets hers going again. I have bookmarked Tricia's on the right side here (THISfunctional family -- cute name).

The kids and I are at my parent's house until early Friday morning. At least that's the plan...it's snowing pretty hard right now, we'll just have to play it by ear. My parent's live on the Illinois side of the "Quad Cities", just across the river from Iowa. Do you know what happens in 7 days in Iowa? Well, just come here and watch tv for a few minutes and you will figure it out. Yikes -- these political ads are scaring me -- I am not ready for them to start in Missouri. 4 out of 5 commercials are political ads. I don't pay much attention to them, but one did catch my eye and I just have to mention it. Did you know Hilary Clinton has spent 35 YEARS effecting CHANGE? Makes you wonder. I want to research the details of the changes in my spare time.

3 comments:

Rich said...

Her underwear...

Anonymous said...

That's funny, Rich.

Way to go Kelsie!!!!!

Sheri said...

LOL! I saw the commercial again today and after she said I have 35 years of experience with change, they flashed 3 things up on the screen: 1. easier adoptions for children; 2. healthcare for 6 million children; 3. I swore I was going to remember all 3 so I could update you guys and now I can't remember...it may have been Bill's girlfriends or her underwear...anyway, it still left me wondering...35 years effecting change??????????