Friday, December 28, 2007

And Then...

It SNOWED! About 6 inches worth. We were supposed to go back to STL early this morning, but the snow was coming down in buckets. The day turned out to be a nice one with the temps around 35 or so and no real wind to speak of...




We found a great set of hills for sledding, not too far from my parent's house...

Kelsie and Natalie (Brant & Jenn's 2 year old)...



Kelsie and Sydney (Brant & Jenn's 6 year old)...



My sister got in on the action -- no, I didn't, I just went to take pictures. Kenny scarred me from winter activities if I don't have proper clothing. When I was 18 years old, no, 19, he came to visit me and took me skiing at Snowstar. I had never been before; he hauled me out there to flounder on the rope tow in jeans! It was a miserable experience, one I have never recovered from. So now, unless I have proper winter clothing, I keep my distance. :)

We also managed to get some cropping in this afternoon and tonight. For those of you who scrapbook, my sister has some new contraption that she can cut out a bunch of stuff with! We cut out letters and more. That bee on my page below and those things that are around the words "Grant's" "Farm", those were cut out using her machine -- crazy! I missed the cute cut-outs on my sister's pages :( she was still at work when I took that picture.

Road conditions permitting, we are off to STL tomorrow. Until next time....

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had lots of fun in the snow.

Anonymous said...

Wow! It looks like everyone is really enjoying the winter weather, even the little ones on the sleds. Sheri, your Mom & Dad's family has really expanded. It must be such a joy for them to have everyone around for the holidays. Hope you're safely home as I write. Love to all, Mom H.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sheri--
I LOVE your scrap-booking pages!!

Rich said...

Great pictures and family memories!! What network is Kelsie on? Taylor just got texting for Christmas and if you are in Verizon they could text unlimited. If not occasionally!

No warnings needed on your blog!! :)

Unknown said...

Ann, I'm still recuperating from the 28 people who were here Christmas Day!! But I wouldn't have it any other way. So thankful we could be together.
I must admit - part of the recuperation is from all of the food I consumed.
Happy New Year.
Bonnie
PS - I know you're looking forward to Ken's visit in a few days.

Anonymous said...

I looks sooo peaceful

Sheri said...

Hey everyone, thanks for all of the comments :) Rich, we have sprint, but as of Jan 1st, we will all have unlimited, so if Taylor can, Kelsie would love to have a text or 2 from her cousin! I hope everyone took Kenny's warning seriously -- could be ugly!!! Normally he reads his stories to the kids before their bedtime, but this one, well, better left unsaid for now.