Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Countdowns

As I watch a little "Special Report with Brit Hume" I am reminded that Iowans are only 1 day away from their caucuses. So much can be said, so many arguments can be made. Rather than dwell on that right now, I will announce...

Only 13 days 'til IDOL!!!

It was back to work for me today. Although I could have used one more day off (oh yeah, I am off tomorrow), I was so thankful for the good health to get out of bed this morning. It's time to get back into a routine. We had such a good time the past few days, spending it with good friends and a lot of it with just the 4 of us, that was nice -- movies, a puzzle, chit chat, more movies, it was really great. A nice "end" to a great Christmas season. Kenny is off to New York tomorrow, so his season isn't quite over yet -- he is looking forward to that trip, so watch out Mom H, you know how he is with his plans. Just try and enjoy it :)

So, Happy New Year to us all. Here's hoping that we have something good to talk about coming out of Iowa, and that this Idol season is the best one yet! Can they really top Carrie Underwood?

9 comments:

Rich said...

Let's hope Kenny doesn't "create" any stories that will end up in his book! Only kidding. Wishing you guys a Happy and healthy New Year! I hope he brings back pictures to post (hint, hint)

Anonymous said...

Yay, Uncle Kenny is coming out to New York! I can't wait to see him on Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Sheri, We're gearing up for Ken's visit. Philip is planning to accompany Ken as he takes pictures of his old haunts on Friday. Happy New Year to all!!!

Sheri said...

Oh this is going to be a big trip, with plenty of pictures! I hope all of you, especially Philip, can keep up with him on this trip! Keep an eye on him on Saturday Lauren!

Anonymous said...

Aunt Sheri,
I guess I'll alternate between watching Uncle Kenny and monitoring the dessert table tomorrow... ;)

Sheri said...

Oh Lauren! You have to have a dessert for me! Enjoy!

Aunt Sheri

Ken Hand said...

Lauren,
I'm old enough to watch myself...you need to watch your dad...he's the trouble maker!
Your Favorite Uncle Kenny

Anonymous said...

I dont think anyone can top Carrie Underwood.

Sheri said...

Lauren, no, he's not old enough to watch himself! He wrote that comment at 2:00 in the morning! He should have been sound asleep by then!

Tommy, I agree with you. No one can top Carrie Underwood. I am just hoping that no "Sanjaya's" show up this season!