Tuesday, January 22, 2008

10 Years Ago Today...

Last night before bed, I told Cameron that 10 years ago I was writhing in pain, waiting for an epidural to get me through to his arrival :) It's true! He didn't believe me :) I had gone to church that night; I had done some serious exercising with the kids during gametime, trying to get something going (Jan 22nd was his due date and I was ready -- Kelsie was 3 weeks early, so I had been expecting Cam for 3 weeks -- never do that.) Anyway, it was at the end of the AWANA night, I was sitting on the piano bench, helping give out the awards for the night when it happened! My water broke! Yuck! I won't go into the ugly details, but I had a lot water in there! We called my brother and he met us up at church to get Kelsie. All was well. THEN...yikes...the pain began. Well, the rest is history. I got the epidural...Cam was born at 2:57 am at St. John's Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis. It's been a wonderful adventure ever since. Happy Birthday Cam...Love, Mommy



Look how he's grown! It's gone by so fast too.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the momma boy picture ;)

Anonymous said...

What a gift you received on that day 10 years ago.
That picture is priceless.
Love, Grandma H.

Anonymous said...

Tricia,
Momma's boy??? What are you trying to say about my boy?
Ken

Unknown said...

Yes, we remember that special night. Has it really been 10 years?
Grandma C.

Rich said...

Uncle Richie says yahoo! Happy Birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Cameronnnnn, happy birthday to you... I hoped you enjoyed a lot of cake!!

Anonymous said...

Hi uncle richie. we need to go to your house we havent' been there in forever. Thanks for the birthday card and gift.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday.