Monday, March 24, 2008

Quick Update...#2

My parents, kids and I returned from Atlanta this evening. We had a good, very busy week! I didn't take one picture, can you believe that? I took the camera, but it just didn't happen. It was nice spending the week with Kenny. Now back to reality! I will update with some additional details later in the week. And...if you left me a message to call you, I promise I shall just as soon as I get my suitcase unpacked, and Cameron on his way to working on his science project, oh, and why I am on here in the first place, find pictures that are missing from my millions of pictures that I need for my cropping coming up this weekend. I hope everyone is doing well!

Oh, I just HAVE to add one more thing. Easter Sunday! I hope you all celebrated Jesus' resurrection. We sure did. We went to Church in Alpharetta GA. If you have ever heard of Charles Stanley, we went to his son's church, Northpoint Community Church. W-O-W! There are 3 services at 3 different locations, 4,000 people in each service. Kelsie and I were the only ones of our group to sit in the auditorium where Pastor Andy Stanley was preaching. The rest had to sit in one of the other auditoriums and watch him on the big screens. It took us quite awhile to get out of the parking lot. It was exciting to see all of those people hearing the Word. I'm not sure I could deal with that traffic every week, though :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri,

"It was great spending the week with Kenny...now back to reality." Are you saying that spending time with me is like being in a fantasy world and I'm too good to be true?? I think that's what you are implying - what do you think Kels?

Kenny/Daddy

Anonymous said...

WOW! what a church. I don't know if I could deal with that either every week (maybe it was just because of Easter). Did you get to look around at any houses or neighborhoods?? Any minor league fields close by?? What did the kids think?? Can't wait for the update :)
Trish

Rich said...

We spent Easter at New Life Church with about 5000 others. There were 3 packed services on Easter. They incorporated a "Broadway" production and enactment of the resurrection. Unbelievebly moving! There is something to be said for singing along with 5000 others!! They have the traffic down to a science but we also live only 3 minutes away. Well worth it.

Looking forward to the update!

Anonymous said...

Hey! Wow, it's great to hear so many people were out worshipping on Easter! 5000, 4000, I think these churches are crowded like this even if it's not Easter, which is awesome.

We did look at LOTS of houses/neighborhoods. It was almost overwhelming. I was so tired by the end of each day! I am still trying to recuperate. We still have more work to do to find the right location for commuting, schools, etc. Yikes! But, I am confident that the Lord will take care of it all. If I could just get my mom to stay another week -- our current house would be ready for the market. I hope everyone knows that we expect lots of visits!!!! I am working on a house with a great guest area :)