Thursday, April 3, 2008

Bonnadean Gardner Collins

That's my mom! I asked her not too long ago how my grandparents came up with her unique first name, but she didn't remember. And, she doesn't have a middle name (Gardner is her maiden name, which you should know if you participated in my poll about Kelsie's middle names)! Guess that's why she gave me 2 middle names and I gave my kids 3 middle names. My poor grandkids, they are in for 4 middle names if the trend continues.

Anyway, April 4th is my mother's bday, so a big shout out to her. You know what? I think I missed shouting out my dad's bday...that was 9 Feb, sorry dad. Anyway, happy birthday mom and thanks for being such a wonderful example for me. Ok, granted, I haven't quite picked up on the whole cooking and cleaning example, but don't give up on me!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Mr. & Mrs. Collins!!! We've had the privilege of tasting some of your great home cooking--Sheri, it's in the genes--you just have to stop suppressing that gift you naturally have ;)

Anonymous said...

LOL, now THAT'S funny!

Unknown said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes, Tricia. Sheri too. And thanks for the phone call, Ken.
I'm sure when Sheri gets moved to Atlanta she'll be doing a lot of that Southern cooking!! Maybe fried chicken, okra, grits, turnip greens???
Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Where did we get our humor? We are quite funny - even if I do say so myself! Kristi