Saturday, May 10, 2008

Mother's Day...

To my mom who is the embodiment of the Proverbs 31 woman; my sister, my mother-in-law, my sister-in-laws, my nieces, my friends. I wish you all a wonderful day tomorrow. Thanks to all of you who have touched my life and supported me, I am blessed by God to have you in my life. Here is a sampling from Proverbs 31. When I read it, I know I have a lot to strive for that's for sure (I know, I don't like getting up while it's still dark; but I do provide food for my family -- notice that it doesn't say it has to be home-cooked! I know, the coverings for the bed will have to be made by my mom, do you think that counts????) :) But I am thankful for the Book that gives me this to strive for and gives me so much more!

A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm, all the days of her life.
She gets up while it is still dark; she provides food for her family
She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks.
She makes coverings for her bed;
She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.
She speaks with wisdom, and faithful instruction is on her tongue.
She watches over the affairs of her household and does not eat the bread of idleness.
Her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her:
"Many women do noble things, but you surpass them all."
Charm is deceptive, and beauty is fleeting; but a woman who fears the LORD is to be praised.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Mother's Day!!!!!

Unknown said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, Sheri. I hope you've had a great weekend.
Mom