Saturday, July 19, 2008

BEVERLY!

Reminder: Only approximately 22 hours left to vote on the poll at the right -- number 37 -- who was it?

We visited the World of Coke downtown this past week with the Klaus'. It was our 1st trip downtown. We got down there w/o incident if I remember correctly. It was a beautiful weather day too!



Before I left STL, I went thru some of my pictures. I realized that I don't have many pix taken of myself, which is not a problem, but I had very few of me taken with my family or friends. So, I am going to try and rectify that now. When Mother's or Father's Day rolls around, for example, I want to have some pix of my parents and me, etc. So, here's my 1st attempt at changing my picture-taking habits -- here's Vicky & me. See the giant coke bottle?




Nice pic of Kelsie and Hannah above. Notice the pic below? It's all of the different products Coca-Cola has made over the years -- shocking! Who knew? Now, anyone remember these?


Mother -- didn't we used to have these big cans of Hi-C when I was growing up? This looked so familiar to me. Why don't they make these now?

Complete "yuk" on Fresca and Tab -- Tab I remember more than Fresca anyway -- Mom, didn't you try and drink that Tab gunk? BUT...as HORRIBLE as Tab was....here's BEVERLY!
Oh my! Beverly is from Italy. After the self-guided tour, they let you into the tasting area where you can taste Coke products from all over the world. Well, let's just say, there is something highly suspect about Italians if they actually drink this stuff?!!?!?!?! No idea?!?!? We heard about Beverly at the beginning of the tour, so we had to try it. Well, not "we". I think maybe Ken, Ron and I were the only ones who actually tasted it. If you count Kelsie putting her finger in it and then barely touching her finger to her tongue, then kelsie too. In this case, however, it's SO BAD that I do almost count that as tasting it!
Ron's cringing as Kenny takes a drink! I didn't get a pic of Kenny's face afterward b/c I was scrambling to get him something else to wash it down with, I was all out of sorts. :)
Here's Ron after Beverly:

Even worse was about 20 minutes after drinking Beverly, your mouth and body still hadn't recovered from it -- EEK!!!! But, if you ever go to the World of Coke, you gotta take the Beverly challenge -- are you up for it????

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes, after seeing the picture, I do remember the big cans of Hi C.
If I go to the Coke Factory, I'll definitely have to try "Beverly".
Mom

Anonymous said...

So was having a fountain coke at there better than our favorite McDonalds coke?
your forever Coke buddy

Anonymous said...

NEVER!! They certainly did not serve it to us over ice nor did they give me an egg biscuit to go with it! But, I have to still take you there when you come to visit!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good to know that you have more than one reason to come back and see us to get your favorite coke.

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

Those old cans bring back memories :)

We can't wait visit.

Anonymous said...

We can't wait TO visit ;)