Thursday, July 10, 2008

What a Week Brings...And...Jewel Freaking Me Out!

HI! Thanks to all of you for your ideas, we are working hard on implementing them...we still have a ways to go, but progress is being made! Huge thanks to my parents...you'll see below just a teeny bit of what they have been doing around here.

Here's my office -- YES -- it IS messy, probably the part of the house that needs the most attention -- hopefully this weekend I will be able to focus some time on it. However, I have been able to work successfully several days, so I'm thankful for that. I have some awesome and freaky pictures that my friends at work gave me -- those shall be up soon; Warning: you look at those pix at your own risk :)


Ok, so, the goal, based on input from several people, is to get the tv installed over the fireplace. I am still not sure how that's all going to happen; for now, it's sitting in front of the fireplace and we are watching tv successfully (when there's time). I should say, Kelsie and Cam are watching tv successfully.


Based on suggestions again, I purchased a sofa table -- I haven't found some of my pictures that I want to put on this. Plus, I am missing my Isabel Bloom "Sisters" statue that I want to put here -- where is that box?????????? It's stressing me out. But, I like the table. Guess I will buy another one for behind the couch, that is sitting away from the long wall. That still needs attention.



My folks tending to just one of their jobs...



WHO SAID this woman could take a break???????? :)


OK...Jewel is taunting me. I think she misses Spike and needs some adventure in her life (see posting down below). We have a loft and it looks down over technically 3 levels. There is a ledge that is about an inch and a half wide outside the spindles....check this out:



When she did this at first, I about had a heart attack! It still makes me crazy. I guess people say that cats see so well that an inch to us is way wider to a cat. I don't know, I still don't like it!
That's it for now -- more later. Hope all of you are great out there!!! Thanks for checking in!!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

We have something like that in our living room that looks to the downstairs. The cats walk on top of it and they have each fallen once. What Jewl is doing looks way scarier though!!

Anonymous said...

Alison! Yes! You do, so you can understand and I cannot believe that the cats fell at your house? They were ok? This is very far to the ground, I think. Everyone says, though, that cats have great balance -- what do you think?

I'm sorry that I still haven't gotten your bday card in the mail. Maybe I will save it til you come visit me :)

Anonymous said...

It definitely looks like you're making progress. Your folks are so professional, I'd hate to tell you how I hang a picture. Your Mom should be stretched out on the couch relaxing, I know I would be, if I even had 1/4 of her energy. Where would you rather have Jewel, under the bed or doing her live wire act?
Mom H.

Anonymous said...

LOL! We probably hang pictures the same way :) Definitely under the bed!!! This tightrope act takes my breath away. It makes me so nervous. I am afraid she's going to fall off while I am home alone!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, they have pretty good balance, I guess.... They were fine. I'm not sure how they actually fell, I wasn't there. Lauren was though.

Anonymous said...

Can your mom & dad come to my house next, I could sure use some help with decorating????!!!!

Regarding Jewel: It drives me nuts when our cats tightwalk across our banister--I've learned to look away and hope their balance is as good as everyone says.

Anonymous said...

I really need to go into the business of renting them out. I would have a waiting list and could rake in quite a bit of $$. Of course I would give them their fair share of the take, but as their manager, I would have a full time duy, just scheduling their appointments!