Monday, September 22, 2008

Off to STL, but 1st, Where's the Gas?

I leave tomorrow for St. Louis. Part of the agreement with my work is that I will return to the office periodically, so back I go. I will be there until October 2nd; that seems like SO LONG! I will miss Kenny, Kelsie & Cam desperately. My folks arrived this evening; pray for them as they help out around here. I am looking foward to seeing everyone back in STL...if I can get everything packed and on the plane in time!

Something CRAZY happened tonight. When my parents got here, they said that a bunch of the gas stations they passed by were closed! What? Of course I needed gas this morning, but true to my normal self (yes, dear, I can admit it), I waited. Haven't you ever heard that it's good to get down to the fumes? I think it cleans everything out. Anyway, after we ate dinner, we drove to check out the situation. It was true, most of the stations were closed -- we found one and we waited in a LONG line. When we got to the pump, the regular unleaded was gone, we had to get the next grade up (hate that). Anyway, I haven't had a chance to check the news to see what's going on, but word to the wise: if you are getting close to empty and have to make a trip to the airport the next day -- go ahead and break down and stop...just do it!

2 comments:

Angela said...

Wow....about the gas situation. Maybe I could come to St. Louis to see you and Mary Ann when you are going to be there! Keep me posted on future trips. I'll be praying for you and your family.

Anonymous said...

That would be a great idea!!! I will let you know when the next one is! Thanks for the prayers, I really appreciate it.