Wednesday, September 24, 2008

When Using Your Cell Phone as an Alarm Clock...

Make sure it's charged up before you go to bed. EEK. I made it to STL safely yesterday and had a fun dinner with the "kindergarten moms" (I will forever refer to them as that -- most of us were moms together when our kids were in kindergarten (Cam for me) and we've stayed together ever since -- we have let a couple of non-kindergartners in, since then, but they have to pass a stringent test first -- LOL). Anyway...the kids here didn't have school today, so everyone was sleeping soundly this morning at my friend Sherri's house where I stayed. I told her don't get up, I have to get up early and get going so I can stop for bagels and get to work (45 mins away) by 8:00. I woke up and of course, my cell phone died during the night, so it was 7:20 and, par for my course, I was late. So, charge your cell phone if you're going to use the alarm on it -- tonight...my phone will stay on the charger!

I stopped in the old neighborhood yesterday afternoon after I got into town to check out "our" house and see one of my neighbors. She still had one of our keys so we busted in the house! They had painted the whole main and top floors! I couldn't' believe it b/c we painted the only yucky parts that needed painting...unless I really don't know what yucky is! Anyway, they ripped down the last remaining wall paper (which needed to be done, but it wasn't offensive, so I never got around to doing it) in the small bathroom on the main floor. When I went to the basement I noticed that the valences from the living/dining room and Kelsie's old room were laying down there. Ok, so I confess...I meant to bring Kelsie's w/me since it matched her bedspread, so...well...Janet said it would be ok...let's just say we made a break for it after that.

Staying w/my brother and family tonight -- I am going to be like a nomad person for 10 days, it should be interesting. Oh, I have an airport story to tell next time....I'll tell you how they were trying to save me money, once again. Oh, work was great today...seeing my friends there -- ok, so I disrupted the work flow there a little today, hopefully tomorrow it will be better. And tonight I went to church for AWANA, that was great seeing all of the kids and leaders.

That's it from STL tonight -- remember, charge those cell phones!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Isn't this how O.J. got himself into trouble? By taking something that he said was his property anyway. I don't want to see you on t.v. because of some valances of kelsie's.

Unknown said...

Good thinking, Brant. You're closer to her now than we are, so you're the one elected to bail her out.
G'ma

Anonymous said...

Mom is going down there friday so if she goes to jail then she will just have to sit in jail till friday and think about what she has done.

Anonymous said...

LOL people -- did you think I was serious? Or was I? Hmmmm, guess you'll have to wait and see if the valences ever show up?????

Anonymous said...

the way i figure it, either way you committed a sin. You either stole something that was not yours, or you lied about stealing something that was not yours. I just want you to know that i forgive you.

Anonymous said...

whew!