Saturday, June 30, 2007

Chicago Pictures

It was a surprise to find out our hotel was on top of the Chicago Sun-Times bldg. We had to take the elevator to the 15th floor, get off and take a different elevator to our room on the 22nd floor.

We started off the week by hopping on the trolley for a ride down to Navy Pier.

Thank goodness Bubba Gumps was nearby -- we were all starving -- I love this place!


Here's where the trouble began...we rode the train to Wrigley Field...

And once inside....Cameron started up -- cheering for the Cubs! I told him the consequences would be difficult if he kept up the cheering -- no Cardinal fan would ever think of cheering for a Cub...eventually, he came around to my way of thinking :)

I made sure I kept an eye on the most important game going on....the Cards were in NY playing the Mets...

The next day we went to Shedd Aquarium...

On Wednesday we went to the matinee show of Wicked. I would recommend you see this if you are in Chicago (or NY of course). It was great! And I am not a big fan of the Wizard of Oz. So whether or not you are, I think you'll love it.

On Thursday we went to Indiana Dunes. It was a very cool day for the end of June...here's the Chicago skyline from Lake Michigan...

The kids really enjoyed playing in the dunes. It was nice seeing them playing so nicely with each other.

Until next time....

4 comments:

Mom said...

It looks like another great vacation. You get to see a lot in a short time & there are highlights for everyone. Many a time we miss out on what's in our backyard. Safe trip home. Love to all!

Anonymous said...

Hey, decided since I'm still up at 4:30 in the morning I would take a look at your blog. Pictures anwsers my questions in my e-mail from earlier, looks like you had a great trip. Your blog is awesome by the way. How have you found the time for this. Very cool.

SHerri

Unknown said...

22nd floor of the hotel. Makes me dizzy thinking about that.
Cam - don't let PaPa hear you cheering for the Cubs!!!

Anonymous said...

Did you not bring any of the St. Louis Sun with you when you were in Chicago? ;) Looks like it was a great trip! Can't wait for the BRANSON pics!!