Monday, October 1, 2007

2007 Post-Season

Well, another year has come to an end...well, at least for the 2006 World Champion Cardinals. I really don't even want to talk about it. Better to let it go into the history books and try and forget it. I will say, however, thankfully they stayed in the hunt until the last 2 weeks or so -- what if we had a team that was 20 games back 2 months ago? YIKES!

Now, I must move on to the NY METS. Yes, Croke family, I have to write about it, I am sorry, well, kind of. The lead was almost insurmountable. At least we all thought. I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that their insurmountable lead was dwindling, until about the last week of the season. I couldn't believe it. I still couldn't believe it yesterday when I heard that Glavine was scored on 7 times in the first inning -- who would have thought? I am very disappointed -- if I can't watch the Cardinals in post season, I at least want to watch the Mets. After all, can they be that bad? Afterall, Keith Hernandez, number 37 turned 17 played for them.

What do I have to look forward to? Hey, on 2nd thought, maybe a Yankees-Cubs World Series? That would be almost worth it.

Welcome to October...let the Cards fall where they may over the off-season.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am very unhappy for the Mets. Did you have to rub it in? Too bad for the cardnials......
~Ali

Sheri said...

Hi Ali! I am very unhappy too. I am sorry to have to rub it in -- the truth is, that if the Cardinals can't be in it, the Mets are the other team I would like to watch. You know, I like to watch your David "Wrighteous" play 3rd base. I still want the Cardinals to beat them though. How are your brother and your dad handling the disappointment? I hope it's not too bad at your house! :)

Love, Aunt Sheri

Rich said...

Go Rockies!!!

Anonymous said...

(I'm a Yankee fan first and foremost, Mets second, and since Rich, Kenny & families moved to CO & MO, Rockies & Cardinals third). It was just heartbreaking for us to watch the Mets fall apart. At least we have the Yankees :)
Rich:
Went to bed--the Rockies were losing--wake-up, check the news and the Rockies WON!! What a rally!!!
Trish

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the Mets & Cards. We're hoping the Yankees can come through for us. Rich, the Rockies did it today beating the Phillies. Ali, keep the faith, they still have a good team. Love, Mom