Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Throwing Down the Gauntlet?

I think that's the right terminology at least? I filed the claim against Best Buy today in Small Claims Court. The court date is set for 13 November -- I need to write that on my calendar, what if I forget, that would be a bummer! Anyway, the young lady who logged the claim in said, "We usually don't accept claims with all of these attachments, but oh well." Too funny. I had a 5 page detailed report of my efforts to get the hard drive back which were met with total indifference. I also had 8 attachments documenting everything. They may throw it out, just because I submitted too much info -- sometimes more is not better, but I felt I had the documentation, I was going to provide it, so we'll see. Here's to the justice system...let's see how it works.

4 comments:

Rich said...

You will actually look quite prepared and get points for that! These judges see some interesting characters and you will be a breath of fresh air; prepared, intellegent, and a true story to tell... I bet you win hands down. Good Luck!!!

Unknown said...

Well I don't know, Rich. The judge may think Sheri is another one of those "interesting characters" when he sees that 5 page report plus 8 attachments.
Sheri, no wonder you've been worn to a frazzle!!
Sheri's Mom

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Hand,

You will lose...we are going to Bork you! You and your husband have too many skeletons in your closet! We know all about you passing off expired coupons at the grocery store. I hope you are prepared to be destroyed!

Rich said...

Mr. Best Buy: I have pictures if you need more!!