Saturday, November 24, 2007

Circa '21

Thanksgiving isn't over yet! For at least the past 15 years, my parents have taken their kids & spouses out on the night after Thanksgiving -- to Circa '21, a dinner theater in Rock Island. We always have a great evening. Last night was no different. The musical was actually the same one they did last Christmas, which my mom & sister thought might be a bit of a bummer, but it wasn't! It was one of the best shows they have put on. It was a different cast, mostly, last night, and they did a great job. The food was the best they have served that I can remember. So, translate that into...they had normal stuff this year! They did throw in a few weird things for those who aren't quite as "normal" as I am, but the overwhelming selection was normal and delicious...we all agreed on that. Of course I ate more than I should have, but at least I drank water! Saved a few soda calories (granted I did have at least 2 sodas during the day, but who is counting???!) Anyway, here are some pictures of my family who I am thankful for:

My mom & dad -- they look as young as ever, don't you think? Taking care of our motley crew somehow hasn't aged them! Thanks to them for this special night each year.

Ok so, my sister & I agreed that we both look pretty darn good in this picture, so it has to be posted! :) :)


Jenny, Kristi & me, with Kenny trying to get some camera time.


Kenny, Alan, Mike & Kyle. They look pretty good, not as good as us girls, but they deserve some blog time.


Time for the show!

Now, bare with the graininess of the rest of these pictures. Granted, I wasn't supposed to take any pictures once the pre-show started, so I didn't use my flash. But I am not trying to steal anything, just document the night. Think that's ok? Anyway, Circa '21 (which means around 1921 which is when the building was built) is one of the last dinner theaters in the country that have singing waiters/waitresses. They put on a pre-show which is always good.





I set my camera on the table at the end and tried to point it up a little bit -- ok, so I didn't quite get it up high enough, but you can still see the gist of it thru the glasses, hopefully :) I hope all of you are enjoying your Thanksgiving weekend as much as I am.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tradition your folks have started. I'm sure this is an added reason to treasure Thanksgiving. Everyone looks wonderful. Mom H.

Unknown said...

I forget how old I look until I see pictures. Yes, we did have a great evening as usual. I always say that's my night - no cooking - just sit back and relax and enjoying all of us being together.
Mom C.

Anonymous said...

That must have been a really cool play.