Saturday, February 21, 2009

Well, THAT'S a Load of....

POOP! And look closely, it really is! It was a long day today...Kelsie had a horse show, Cam baseball practice. Kenny and Kelsie got to Conyers GA around 8:00 this morning. Cameron and I got there about 11:30, just in time for Kenny and Cam to head back to Cumming for Cam's practices. I tracked Kelsie down and there she was....what's become of her....sitting next to a big load of poop and not even flinching. Guess that's why her room doesn't offend her.


I said it was a long day and it really was. Conyers was at least an hour drive and Kelsie did not ride until the very last class of the day. I stayed in my own little area for most of the day today, catching up on some paperwork and reading. But, as the afternoon wore on I was getting anxious for Kelsie's ride. I was pacing a little, still probably an hour til Kelsie's turn. I looked to my right and as I often do, took a double take at the person standing not too far from me. My brother Alan has a lot of look alikes, and here was another one. So, to kill some time, I took his picture. Now granted, if you really look at this person, it really doesn't look like my brother, but at a glance it did. So, I decided, I'll look around and do some people watching...here's what I came up with...



Above is my brother Alan....below.....


BENJI! (Kelsie was like, who's Benji?) Next....no one famous, but...


A crazy woman dressed like it was 80 degrees out! What was she thinking? It was nice and sunny out, but ...not 80 degrees! Then, probably my most famous sighting of the afternoon......




Paula Abdul trying to figure out how in the world Tatiana made it into the top 36!


Finally time for the last class of the day -- Kelsie riding Dallas. One other thing I did to keep myself busy was to kind of keep track of how Dallas did during the rest of his rides. He had a pretty good day. I think he had a 2nd, 5th, 4th, and 6th place before Kelsie rode him....



Kelsie with her 2nd place ribbon!

Kelsie with her coach/trainer and a couple of the girls from her team.
It was a good day, but did I mention it was long? Cam and Kenny had a good time at Cam's practices....no pictures unfortunately from that.
Last but not least for tonight...happy birthday to my niece Lauren! On the 25th, Happy Birthday to my niece Alisa and my friend Mary J.!!!!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelsie,
Congratulations! I always knew you were a talented equestrian!
Mister Ron

Anonymous said...

Kelsie,
You should have used the bathroom instead of pooping right next to the place you were sitting.
Cousin Cody

Anonymous said...

Kelsie - congratulations on second place - again. Soon you'll get that blue ribbon. You sure looked good on Dallas.
Grandma C.

Anonymous said...

Did you think that resembled Alan?

Anonymous said...

thanks mr ron and grandma

Unknown said...

Sheri, that does sort of look like Alan. I'll have to remember to show it to him.
Mom