Sunday, March 22, 2009

March Madness!

And I am not only talking about college basketball. I do love college basketball. I used to follow it pretty closely, back in the day, probably before kids. I loved Duke (much to my mother-in-law's chagrin) and loved keeping an eye on them. Now, there just doesn't seem to be enough time in the day, or the weekend. I see tonight that Mizzou eeked out a close one -- go Tigers! Of course, go Blue Devils too!

We had a March Madness weekend in other ways. The kids were out of school on Friday, their first "inclement weather day". In Forsyth County, they schedule 2 or 3 days in the spring to make up for any days missed because of bad weather (I am guessing ice) during the winter. Since we didn't use any, Friday was a day off. Cameron and I basically toted Kelsie to and from the barn and to a play that her church group went to Friday night. Cam and I managed to have lunch at Golden Coral (after visiting Dick's Sporting Goods) (can you say "mooooo" - buffet) and dinner take-out from Sal's. Saturday Cam and I spent Saturday morning/afternoon toting Kelsie to and from the barn (pictures to come and a big announcement about Kelsie) and then...

Vicky and Dori came through town on their way to Hilton Head for the week. So, we met them at Chick Fil A off of I-75. Spent about an hour and 1/2 with them, tried to stow away in their suitcases, then, moved about 1/4 mile down the road and met the Linn's at Fuddruckers as they were on their way back home from Florida. Let's just say it was an eating w/e. We were so happy to see our friends and they all made it safely to their destinations.

Today we went to church, then spent the afternoon hauling Kelsie to and from a bowling event with her church group....does anyone see a pattern here besides me?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sheri, I didn't dislike Duke, I just was not crazy about their coach, although I'm changing my mind a bit since he sort of knocked our President for not acting as CIC during these turbulent times. Can't you squeeze March Madness into your schedule - your car needs a rest. Just kidding! Talk to you soon.
Love, Mom H.

Anonymous said...

LOL! I heard that about coach K -- I was hoping that would change your mind!!! I hope I can watch some games this weekend and I agree, the car definitely needs a rest -- can you talk to my daughter please???

Unknown said...

You now live closer to shopping, but now it's the trips to horse barn, etc. But that's ok isn't it Kels?
Mom/G'ma C.