Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Play Ball! And, Kelsie Gets a Job

Last night, Cameron's baseball team, the Coal Mountain White Raiders (pictures to come) had their opening night. It was a very exciting game. Cam's team led most of the game, but the other team tied it and won it as time ran out; final score 5-4. Cam played 2nd base and you know what, these kids are hitting the ball hard and playing really serious. This is baseball.

Kelsie has a new job at the barn. One of the horse owners needs someone to ride his horse a couple of times per week -- for MONEY! So, Kelsie is the girl! She rode Blackjack Friday for the first time and then again today after school and before her lesson. She is very excited about it. I met the owner on Saturday and he told me to tell Kelsie to treat the horse like her own. Oh my, she was really excited about that!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Cam, way to go. I'm sure the Cardinals will be watching. I would say the GA team also, but not sure of their name - maybe Gators??
Kelsie, how wonderful that Blackjack's owner chose you to care for/ride his horse. I know you're excited. Have your Mom or Dad post a picture of you riding Blackjack.

Unknown said...

Cam maybe that's the Bulldogs - I'll have to ask PaPa.
G'ma C.

Anonymous said...

our name is braves , and were not very goood. I'm sure cam would be a great help to this team

Anonymous said...

LOL!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could ride a horse for money, but that is really awesome Kels I am excited for you and Cameron I can't wait to see you play I will be coming down just to see you!!!!

Anonymous said...

When????

Anonymous said...

Congrats Kelsie on the job, hope you make lots of money!!!

Cam, Sounds like the competition has been stepped-up--it'll just make you a better player :)