Monday, March 9, 2009

What a Difference a Week Makes

My last post, remember? We had snow. Tonight, I want to put the air conditioner on...I'm not kidding. It is 84 degrees in the house. It hit (at least) 80 degrees today. It's crazy! This past weekend, Kelsie and I went to her horse show in Columbia, South Carolina. Every time I say that, it still seems so weird. I went to South Carolina for the weekend, like it's close by! It is! About 3 1/2 hours (without traffic -- note to self: do not leave the metro area at 4:45 on a Friday afternoon -- you'll be sitting in A LOT of traffic). Anyway, we had a good weekend. Kelsie placed 5th in her first ride and 2nd in her second ride, she really improved. I'll post a picture of her in her western get-up as soon as I can remember to bring the camera in.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations, kelsie!

oh, you're so lucky to have weather like that!!
it's warming up a bit here though, it's been like 45 today...

Anonymous said...

Alison!!! You need to come and visit us!!!! We'll share our weather with you anytime.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited to hear that it is waarm. I hope it is 80 degrees when We come up on thursday I am ready for some nice weather

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelsie!!! Looking forward to seeing the pictures.
Love, Grandma H.

Anonymous said...

I sure hope so too. The weather people are not predicting it to be as warm, but more than 1/2 of the time they are wrong, so we'll see. I am sure that it will be warmer than in Moline, though!!!

Anonymous said...

Now for a report on Quad City weather over the weekend. For the first time in months we had warmer temps than in GA and sunshine. GA had rain most of the weekend. But sounds like the QC travelers had a good time in spite of the rain. Only problem was that their flight had a 2 hour delay leaving Atlanta.
Mom