Wednesday, July 4, 2007

"For I know the plans I have for you..."

"declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Jeremiah 29:11-13

THIS truly is what it's all about. This past Monday, the kids and I drove up to the Quad Cities (IL) to help my parents keep my sister company while she waited for a pathology report from her surgery. Yesterday the doctor called and the news was not what we had hoped and prayed for. My sister has cancer. As she prepares for more tests and surgery, would you please remember to pray for her to be able to claim these verses and for God's peace that passes all understanding? My parents also need prayer as do all of my sister's friends and family who will be supporting her during this difficult time. The people that have already been praying and ministering in her life have already been a blessing and we are all already thankful.

On this 4th of July, I am also thankful that I live in this country. So often I read bumper stickers that say "God bless America". I want to invent the bumper sticker that says "America bless God"!

1 comment:

Mom said...

We will be praying for Christi!