Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Stranded in the Quad Cities

Well, at 5:35pm tonight when I should have been taking off for STL, the sun was shining and I was sitting at Subway in Coal Valley having dinner. I received a call from American Airlines about 15 mins before leaving for the airport, they cancelled my flight! Bad weather in Chicago??? Hmmm. My husband thinks I planned it because guess what? The last time I got stranded was back in December - I was in Wash DC and there was an ice storm in STL which shut down the airport...and our power was out...well, today, once again, our power was out. He thinks it's awfully convenient that I haven't had to brave the power outage with him and the kids either time. Despite the fact that I really need to be at work tomorrow morning, and I really do miss my loved ones in STL, I did manage to enjoy the evening with my sister and her sister in law at their bunco night! :) Oh, and does anyone know about "Bookworm"? It's a cool computer game my mom plays -- she's got me hooked on it now -- she will be happy for me to go home so she can have her computer and game back!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sheri, yep, I'm going to finish the Bookworm game which I started a few days ago!!!
Glad you got home safe and sound, but sure is quiet around here.It's raining again tonight.
Love,
Mom