Sunday, January 3, 2010

So Much Craziness!

I must keep it short tonight. I'm tired. And achy. Today is Sunday, 3 Jan. Happy New Year. Following a nice Christmas, many people in IL got sick, including Kenny, then Cam, then Kels, then me. It was ugly. But, thank goodness, the sickness was short lived. I was tired. I was achy. It was crazy. Now onto today's craziness. Today/tonight Kenny and I played our 1st mixed doubles match. At match time (approx. 4:05pm) temperature was 30 degrees. By the time it was over, temperature was 25 degrees and the time was approx. 6:40pm. We had fun, I think, I was proud of how we played together, especially for our first time, we didn't win (6-4, 4-6, 4-6), but it was fun. ;-)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say those scores weren't too back considering it was your first match - and those temps.
We hope to see you both play when we're there soon. I'm praying for warmer temps. But anything warmer than 10 above zero will seem warm to us.
Mom

Mom said...

I can't believe you played in that weather, but you both did great! I think it's great that you & Ken found a sport that you can enjoy & play together. As I write this I'm watching Georgia Tech in the Orange Bowl vs. Iowa. Score: GT7-Iowa14. Hopefully, Georgia rebounds.

Sheri said...

It was crazy-I am looking forward to playing in warmer temps! Now growing up I was partial to the hawkeyes so I would be fine if they keep the lead :-). Hope the weather isn't terrible out there!!!