Thursday, September 6, 2007

Back to Business...in the Heat! and Miscellaneous Thoughts...

Ok, well, we finished the long, holiday weekend in style! Kelsie and I made a trip out to what I call the "Dove Mall" and ate lunch at our favorite -- Chick-Fil-A and did a little shopping. Ken and Cam returned home from NY early Tuesday morning. Cameron made it to school and got back to business. A great, long weekend was had by all.

Tuesday morning our air conditioning went out. Bummer! I am waiting here for a call from the technician right now. Hoping they will be able to make it over today to install the new unit. Thankfully it hasn't been 100 degrees plus the past 2 days, but it is awfully sticky in here. We've been sleeping in the basement and on the main floor, wherever we can get 1/2 a breeze. Oh well, Kenny reminds me, that's what money is for. Personally, I prefer it for vacations :)

I watched the Federrer/Roddick US Open match last night -- unbelievable!

The Cards are 2 games out after their loss last night... and they are sending Mike Maroth to the mound tonight? Not sure I can stand to watch it.

Fred Thompson announces on Leno last night that he's running for President? Interesting venue choice. I hope he didn't totally offend New Hampshire by announcing on the same night as a NH "debate"??? And saying that it's harder to get a spot on Leno than a spot at that debate.

6 comments:

Rich said...

Sheri: It will be interesting to see, but Fred needs to get past primary voters to get to the general election and I would bet; most primary voters were not watching Leno. Time will tell. He has a lot to live up to and high expectations; that's not a good place to be as a candidate. Just my thought...

Anonymous said...

Sheri: Hope your AC is working now. The NYY are 6 behind & 3 ahead in the wild card. I was back & forth watching the game & the debate - I liked Rudy & Mike H.. Did you catch the comments made by C. Shumer? Treasonous! Richie has the full acct. on you his blog. Kels, did you welcome Cam home w/ open arms? We missed you & Mom. Love, Grandma

Sheri said...

Yes, the new a/c was installed this afternoon. Flashbacks to my pre-6th grade childhood, sitting in front of a fan going "AAAAHHHHHHH" into it were frequent over the past 56 hours! I heard tonight that the yanks are 3 up in the wild card and A-Rod is really "carrying" the team!? Kenny told me about Schumer -- makes us both sick. I want to hear him say it -- I will check out Richie's blog for the complete story. Kelsie says, "ugh" to your question :)

Anonymous said...

I posted this comment on Richie's blog in regards to the debate last night:

Hi Rich:
This comment has nothing to do with this thread; but I was wondering what you thought about the Rep. debate last night? I was flipping back and forth and really thought Rudy Gulliani did a great job answering some tough questions. I liked Huckabee too but I'm not sure at this point if he has a real shot. I thought these two guys stood-out from Mitt R. & John M; but again I was flipping around and didn't watch the debate in its entirety.

P.S. A great time was had by all this past weekend. Thanks Kenny & Cameron-talk to you soon.
Tricia

Sheri said...

Trish -- they had a GREAT, GREAT time. And thanks to you & Kenny for everything. I wish I could have watched the debate last night. Well, I guess I could have, but I love watching Federer and Roddick play at the US Open too. Kenny was telling me today about the big screen set up in Rock. Ctr. for the Open matches. Anyway, I think Fred Thompson is going to possibly turn this thing upside down when he gets started. I think, though, going on leno last night during the debate looked like a snub. what I have seen of Huckabee, he's impressive. Can't be all bad, he's a Baptist, isn't he? :) How about a Thompson/Huckabee ticket? A Rudy/Huckabee ticket? A Romney/Huckabee ticket? Hmmmm.

Sheri said...

PS...Anyone read the book about Romney, "A Mormon in the White House?" ??? Very interesting.