Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Under Construction, Our New Student Council Member, and Remembering 9/11

First, Kelsie came home today with her exciting news that she is going to be part of her middle school's Student Council. Uncle Richie better get busy with his election, so Kelsie isn't the first "Hand" elected to national office. Kelsie says that she is most excited because Student Council gets to set up the school dances. And if she's setting them up, she HAS to go! Wait a minute! She may have to be the first council memeber to resign.

Now that we have a new air conditioner, it's only appropriate that we also have another major project start. The jackhammers were going strong today, ripping out our sinking porch. We'll be under construction for a few days while we have a new porch piered, poured and lifted to correct the problem that has caused the roof over the porch to start pulling away from the house. So, this is what being a homeowner is all about?!?!

Finally, we all know where we were 6 years ago today. I was at work and couldn't believe it when a co-worker was listening to the radio and announced that a small plane had accidentally flown into one of the towers. Well, we know it was so much more than that first report. We gasped at that first, incorrect report and how much worse it really was. I wanted to get off the Base and get to my kids, but the Base was closed down, I couldn't leave. It was an eerie feeling, 1000 miles away. This afternoon, I have had the tv on (while working on our "Best Buy" saga), and have been listening in part to the report General Petraeus and Ambassor Crocker are giving to the Senate. God bless these honest, straightforward American servants and those serving in the military at home and abroad, as well as those who lost loved ones on 9/11.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelsie! By the way, I love how your poster looks.
~Ali

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Kelsie! Be a good influence on the Council, which I know you will. I've been watching the hearings also and wonder how these two men maintain their cool. On the day we lost thousands some politicians seem to have forgotten this fact & are more interested in their lust for power. Love, Grandma

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali and Grandma! Thanks guys. Miss you! Bye.

Love, Kelsie

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kelsie!!! You will be a great student council rep.
Sheri, Life can be so stressful! I feel a cropping weekend coming up. Hope all goes well with the house, and will be praying against any more problems.
I can hardly watch the news, those dems. make me so mad. They just don't get it.

Unknown said...

Kelsie, I just read your Mom's "blog". You didn't call PaPa and me to tell us the great news!! Congratulations on being elected to student council at your school. You'll do great.
Sheri/Ken, sure hope those jackhammers are finished by the time we get there.

Rich said...

Well, well, well, I just may need a consultant for my 2008 campaign that actually knows what it's like to win a campaign!!! Conratulations and I'm sure it has everything to do with the quality of the candidate! The sign wasn't bad either. I hope this is just the beginning of a long journey to get quality people interested in running for congress! You're awesome and enjoy planning those dances which I hope you get to attend as well!!
Love,
Uncle Richie

Rich said...

By the way, I hope it's not my brother Kenny at the jackhammer!! Your insurance is paid up, isn't it?

Anonymous said...

sorry mama and papa for not calling and telling you--- i guess it "sliped" my mind. ya my dad took cameron and i to mcdonalds today for breakfast before he had to drop me off for school...it was very good. those cinomon melts--yum well i cnt wait to see you guys

i ♥ you and miss you


♥,
kels

Anonymous said...

thanks uncle richie.

i dont know how i won because no one voted?!?!?! but i won so i guess it doesn't really matter... good luck on your 2008 campain.

I hope to see you soon...tell emily and taylor and auntjustine i said hi and i miss all of them and i hope that we can see everyone very soon.


love,
kelsie ♥

Anonymous said...

Dear Grandma,

Thanks! I will do my best!

Love you,

Kels