Saturday, November 1, 2008

Mostly Treats...Some of them HUGE...

The only "non-treat" of the day that I can think of was Cam & I got our flu shots. And...honestly...the shot didn't even hurt (Cam will tell a different story). My arm hurts way worse today than it did when I got the shot. Hopefully it will turn out to be a treat in the end -- last year's flu threw me for a loop, so this year, I am giving the shot, well, a shot.

A HUGE shout out to the Lord for an answered prayer -- my sister had her regular scan yesterday for her appendix cancer. Well, her doctor appt in Iowa City isn't until 10 Nov, so I had barely gotten started on the prayers (yes, I did pray for her prior to the scan when she has to drink that yucky gunk, and for God's peace, and yes, I do keep up the prayers between visits), but the real serious "she's going to Iowa City" prayers and reminders to all of you to keep praying, that hadn't really gotten started...anyway, the Lord surprised and blessed us by my sister getting the results before going to IA City and everything is still clear!!!!

The neighbors here really go all out for halloween; even the adults dress up! I held out...for the most part. My neighbor did bring me a big tweety bird hat that I put on while walking around, but notice no pictures of that are included! I also don't have many pix of Kelsie included. She was Dorothy and did you know it takes Dorothy a LONG TIME to get ready? I finally gave up.

This is the first year in a long time that we haven't been at Trunk Treats. I hope someone at FBCF did a "Cardinal trunk theme" in our absence -- we missed you guys!










While out and about, we ran into the "stalker girls". (I use that term in a lovingly way!) Notice that Cam the nerd is nowhere to be found...he made a break for it!





Oh, I forgot: I actually dressed up as a Georgia voter -- see my sticker?




7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cameron -- you are the most adorable nerd ever!
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Miss Vicky, thank you.

cameron

Anonymous said...

Cameron: You're looking more and more like your dad everyday :)

Anonymous said...

haha good one aunt tricia !

Anonymous said...

One cute "nerd" and Dorothy too. Too bad you didn't wear your tweety bird hat, Sheri.
Did that scary mask you used to have get lost in the move, Ken?

Grandma/Mom/Bonnie

Anonymous said...

Bonnie,
What scary mask are you referring to???? I've never worn a scary mask...what are you trying to say...
Ken

Anonymous said...

My memory isn't that bad, Ken. I distinctly remember that mask in the wooden toy box by the TV in St. L. home. I'm sure that got cleaned out prior to the move. Kelsie or Cam probably got rid of that!!! Wonder why??
Bonnie