Sunday, November 23, 2008

My English Girl

Today was a big day! Kelsie showed in her 1st equestrian event (I think this is the right lingo). She did a great job. They pick names out of a hat to decide who rides which horse, which to me, riding a horse for the 1st time in a show, that takes guts. So, Kelsie rode a horse named Gracie and they seemed to get along pretty well. Take a look at our day...


Kelsie's friend Eve came along with us and helped keep Kelsie occupied while she waited for her turn.

Kelsie's trainer Marcie getting Kelsie all ready -- did you know they wear hair nets under those helmets? BTW, who knew there are 2 types of riding; English and Western. This was English today, thus all of the prim and proper clothing, etc. I have learned that when you ride English, the saddles don't have horns to hold onto -- yikes!



Kelsie was getting ready to mount the horse, if you look close you can see her eyes...

I love this picture, she looks so serious!






9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kelsie, I'm glad you and Gracie did so well in the event. Papa and I wish we could have been there to watch you. You've come a long way in the short time you've been taking lessons. I cannot imagine riding English style.
You looked great in the outfit also.
G'ma C.

Anonymous said...

Sheri,
Your daughter is breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

Kenny?

Anonymous said...

Yes, he's breathtaking too but I was talking about your daughter.

Anonymous said...

hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Kelsie you look great!!!! I thought I was watching National Velvet.

Love,
Aunt Tricia

Angela said...

Very neat! I think Kelsie is the only Equestrian we know! We just have rodeo and cowgirls in Texas! Enjoy your Thanksgiving!

Anonymous said...

Well stand by...I believe the next show is Western and she'll trade those clothes for a cowgirl shirt and hat...I think...I have to find someone to borrow that garb from!!!

Anonymous said...

I agree with Aunt Tricia. Kelsie, you resemble Jackie Kennedy in her riding garb. Next, you'll be going fox-hunting.
Love, Grandma H.