Sunday, November 16, 2008

Phase II

We really have had a great week, not just weekend. Kenny's mom & dad, Gena & Philip have been in the area -- I have some other good pictures from our time w/them, soon I will get them posted. Friday afternoon St. Louis arrived, well 2 of my friends from St. Louis :-) Little did I know that I was going to be entering Phase II of house decorating, but wow, it was/is great. I know a Phase III and maybe IV is imminent!!! Here are a few pictures...



Mary and Nita arriving! We had a great time. It went by so fast, but as my dad says, if it goes by fast, that means you had a great time. True.

Saturday morning, the Hand's stopped on their way to Myrtle Beach. We had a nice visit -- I was happy to be able to introduce them to Nita and Mary. I think we enlightened my mother in law with 20008 10 year old boy stories that she might have rather passed on -- lol. We had a great political discussion as well.


The men tried to stay away from the women's discussions, probably not a bad idea.

We loved spending time with (aunt) Gena and (uncle) Philip this week. Ok, yes, I did pack them a little snack bag for their trip to Myrtle Beach (picture below) -- but, it's a long drive and M&Ms and Diet Coke are a must.

THEN, the work started....off to Hobby Lobby...

I tried to find some before & after pictures of a couple of the changes. You can't get the total picture from the below & I will find those Kitchen valance pictures (Nita & Mary, I want you to remember the transformation, so I'll find the pix, I know I took some -- UPDATE: found the picture on an old blog post!).

BEFORE -- above....
AFTER -- below...


We added the grill above the picture in the kitchen and Nita made valances from the red curtains in the living room (we took those down and bought greenish/brown instead). Did you ever know that you can make these things by using rubber bands, nails and tape????? WAY unbelievable! "Before" and working on "After":

We are all thankful to have our family and friends visit...very, very thankful.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, I do like the changes. The burgandy window treatments look so nice as do the other changes. I wondered how they're held up there. Rubber bands and tape, huh? Do you suppose Nita and Mary would like to make a trip to Coal Valley??? Most of our rooms could use a facelift.
Mom

Anonymous said...

Glad you and Ken's family had a nice visit too. Hope they have a great week in Myrtle Beach.
Mom

Anonymous said...

The house looks great.

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

<3 Love the red curtain makeover. I guess this could also be done with plain material. The place is really shaping up. Thanks for sharing.