Saturday, August 9, 2008

Reader Warning: The Following May Cause Fainting...

I believe I promised a recipe and I have decided to post Recipe #1 today. (With my sister & family (9 of them) gone, what else do I have to do but cook???) HAHAHA! Don't get too excited, I am only living up to my "1 recipe promise"...where we go from here, well, guess you will have to stand by. BTW, however, as I type this, I also have enchiladas cooking in the oven (like I said, reader warning, may cause fainting).

By Far the Best Banana Bread Ever Made
(no idea where I got this recipe from, otherwise I would give credit)

2/3 C. butter (yes, butter, not country crock)
2 eggs
1 C. sugar
2 C. flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla (the real kind, not imitation)
3 ripe bananas
1/2 C. (or more) (or none) chopped nuts (I prefer walnuts, yum!)

Mix together butter, eggs, sugar, vanilla. Mix together flour, salt, soda, baking powder. Mix those 2 bowls together. Smoosh up the bananas, add to the other stuff; add nuts if you are adding them. Mix it all up again. Pour mixture into 2 very well greased bread pans (or do like I do because I don't like cleaning up messes, line the pans with wax paper); fill each 1/2 full. Bake at 350 degrees for approx. 45 mins. Stick a toothpick in the middle to see if it comes out clean. YUMMY and very fattening, so have plans to give some away so you are not eating 2 loaves of this bread...I have been known to do it.

ENJOY!!!

PS: GO CARDINALS!!! We MUST beat these Cubs to a pulp today and tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL.....Look-out Betty Crocker :)

Great minds must cook alike--I just finished baking banana muffins with pecans--almost the same recipe too. I have made banana bread but added chocolate chip morsels--absolutely delicious!!!!

Anonymous said...

Too funny! Ok, people, variation available: choc chip morsels instead of nuts! I wonder if my kids would touch it.

Shayna, you asked for this post, you got it!!!

Cards rolled today!!!!

Angela said...

Hannah made this today and used walnuts. It was so good that even banana intolerant, Randy couldn't even resist. I don't know about the chocolate chips. I think I more of a purest when it comes to banana bread. I'm going to post my Mexican dip recipe now.

Anonymous said...

WOO HOO!!! I am telling you, isn't it the best stuff? I can't take credit for the recipe, but I'll take credit for passing it on :) I bought the choc chips, but haven't tried that yet. I will check out the post of your recipe tonight!

Anonymous said...

This is great info to know.