Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Zoo

Coming from STL which has the best zoo in the country, and it's free, I was wondering what I would find in ATL. It is much smaller than the STL zoo, which for those of us who get tired easily, is not necessarily a bad thing. The highlights were the pandas and my favorite, the giraffes!





This goat was a little bigger than the "normal" goats I am used to seeing in the kids' "brushing the goats" area. Yikes, when it started eating the tree, it was time to make a break for the "out" gate.



7 comments:

Angela said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela said...

Where are the penguins? I agree, it's hard to top the St. Louis zoo. The Dallas zoo is pretty small, but okay for field trips. Fort Worth has a pretty nice zoo and they have some African penguins, but still not as cool as St. Louis. Thanks for sharing your experiences with us.

Anonymous said...

That zoo was like Niabi Zoo south.
But still fun and thankfully short

Anonymous said...

LOL -- only people from the quad cities will understand that! what, nothing from you about fat matts?

Sheri said...

I totally forgot about penguin pictures -- they were there I think. I will say the STL zoo has a great penguin/puffin area too. One thing I do like about this zoo is that the giraffes are conveniently located -- at the STL zoo, they were WAY in the back, I almost never took the hike to go see them. Truth is, I want to share my experiences so you guys will all want to come see me...or the zoo, or fat matt's! :)

Anonymous said...

O my goodness please take that hideous picture of me off this blog gross

Anonymous said...

Don't you think the picture of the panda is AWESOME?????