Thursday, August 7, 2008

Stone Mountain, GA

Finally I have a few minutes to post a few things! We are having a fun and eventful week with my sister and family. Here are a few pix from our trip to Stone Mountain. Actually, we have already been to the Mountain two times! We went last week with the STL Linn's, so I have a few pix of that visit included too!







There are 3 levels to the Sky Hike -- Meredith conquered all 3!!!!



















If you click on the picture above, you can see the carving on the side of the stone. Anyone know who those guys are? So we bought passes for a year, so we will be ready when the rest of you come visit :) And to tempt you even more...I don't even have any pix of the LASER LIGHT SHOW!!! Yes, we finally made it there Ron & Vicky, Cameron is satisfied now.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Stone Mountain here we come!! Looks like fun. I'm sure I can get to the top of the rock climbing wall. How many of the Murray/Jensen family got to the top?
Mom

Unknown said...

Sheri, Dad said maybe the carvings are Jefferson, Jackson, and Lee. Is he correct?

Anonymous said...

Ron is bummed we didn't get to go now. It looks like a lot of fun. I told him we can go next time we come visit. :)
Vicky

Anonymous said...

Vicky, ABSOLUTELY!!! When will that be? :)

Mom, I have to ask the others, I can't remember who they are!!! Anyone out there remember???

Unknown said...

Sheri, re the men in the carving:
Dad looked it up and it is:

Jefferson Davis, Stonewall Jackson, and Robert E. Lee. Jefferson Davis was president of the Confederacy and the other two were generals - he thinks.
Mom

Anonymous said...

I think we have a winner! Give that man...a trip to the top of the mountain!!!!

Unknown said...

That sounds like a good prize. We'll go for that - I think.

Anonymous said...

Kenny who said that?

Anonymous said...

I have no idea when we will be there next, but aren't you coming to st. louis next month?
vicky

Anonymous said...

Yes! But you know, I am always looking ahead :)

Angela said...

Sheri - Look's like a lot of fun. That's great that your sister and family could come. Thanks for the comments on my blog. I know you're not the only one who reads it, but you are the only one who leaves us comments!! The girls and I going to visit my sister in San Antonio and hope to post some pics when we get back. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I was wondering where you were going! I sent you an e-mail to your work and it came back that you would be out of the office this week -- hope you have a great time and can't wait to see the pix! All of you guys out there that read our blogs, you have to let us know you are out there!!! Leave us a comment :) !!! I just found out this week that my neices and nephews actually read our blogs! I had no idea!!!! So I told them, you have to leave a comment so I know you are out there!!! :)